Saturday, September 18, 2010

Bye 'lil birdie....

Partin is painful but d joy of knowin tat
its for the Best surpases it al...

                                                   BYE ‘LIL BIRDIE ….

The shredded orange rays were now visible , coming from the back of the terminal ,
as we sat around the table in the open café .
The day had begun , birds were moving out of their nests singing their morning raagas , as the flights landed on the airport runway . The time was near , still stiring the hot coffee , which by now had lost all its warmth , I noticed  that everyone had the strange pensive expressions .
Its strange , how in certain times people with totally different faces end up looking the same . 
The joyous night of  fun and laughter was pretty much over , and we had stepped  into a new day , the day when were supposed to hold our self , and be her strength as  , our little bird flapped  her small wings , with a heavy heart to return to the place she had come from .

“ I don wanna go “, she could barely complete the sentence and a heavy tear rolled out of her pretty eyes , he grabbed her hand , held it tight as she rested her head on his chest , still crying , as he combed her hair , which were now falling on her face , with his little fingers . He pat her head  gently with his palm , as if he wanted her to sleep , the same way a mother pats her child waiving back and front consoling it , when it cries .

5 yrs of my life , I had not seen him  so caring about someone , his rustic ways always hid the child inside him from us , today I felt proud of him , proud of her , and proud of myself , for I had witnessed a love so pure .

I looked away , as he still sang lullaby into her ears .. People often think I am insensitive .

Well , I have to be ,  its very difficult for me to hold myself from crying , coz that is one thing about me , I don’t let people see , and with every occasion , I try to master it , only to be left more weaker than before .

I felt the uneasiness in the air , the birds were no longer singing , the cloud in the sky looked sad , the flowers had lost their charm ,the leaves seemed dry ,
Its strange how nature responds to your feelings so well , nature feels you , cries with you and smiles , when you smile .  It’s probably HIS way of telling , that you are not alone .

There was an uneasy silence , I hoped someone could say something , something to cheer her up  , I realized  everyone else was hoping the same .

My eyes took me to her friend , she looked awfully sad , I had never seen her sad , I always thought she never knew what sadness was , always saw her smiling face , always saw her smile with those tiny baby teeth , which made her look so innocent .
I felt weak , I needed someone to assure me that it was just a bad dream , I wanted someone to wake me up .

The time had neared , half heartedly , we pulled her luggage on the trolley  , it was time , she wasn’t crying any longer , at least  people didn’t see her tears , but we did , we knew she was weeping inside , pushing the trolley we reached the check in counter , pushing the luggage had never been so hard , he took out her tickets , and handed out to her , I was reminded of my mother , who would never hand me the tickets till the last moment , she cared , and for her I was a kid forever….  so did he , though he would not have said it in the best ways , but he meant it from the depths of his hearts .
She hugged everyone one by one , she came to me , I held her small hands , felt like I was talking to my kid sister “ don cry , if you cry , I don’t  know you .” she nodded still keeping her eyes on the ground , I knew , she had no courage to look into my eyes .
“I ‘ll miss you “ she said , I smiled and I felt weak  “don’t go “ , I said what I feared the most  , held myself again , reframed my sentence and said “don’t go ..or come back . “.. she raised her eyes , looked into mine and said “ I 'll come back .” , I felt happy   , the words were strong , I knew she meant it . I smiled … so did she .

She went back to him , half running , half walking , hugged him tight , as if wanting to tell him that even though they going to be far from each other , still they were together , they were one and no distance could separate them , and that it was just a small stint that would pass soon . It was beautiful , I thanked HIM for letting me , be witness to the most eternal beauty of life , I realized….. HE is there …..smiling ,  somewhere .

Pushing her luggage she went in , waiving her hands , smiling now , the way we wanted her to , the way we could remember .

He drove back with a heavy heart , talking non-sense on the way , trying to look normal and unaffected , deep inside still weeping from the previous night .
My eyes again went on her friend , I could see the tears …. again , I had to look away … this time out of the window , as he drove us back home .


   

20 comments:

  1. Dedicated to Subani and Sumit ....i probably miss you guys more than , you miss each other ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its beautiful..very very touching...:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i m speechless !! can't thank u enough!! u just made me feel so special :):) and i will come back for sure !! the joyous night of fun n laughter will b back soon :):):) and i miss u too !! a lot actually :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing pramod......hats-off 2 u.....i kinda felt lyk even i ws witnessing while goin through ur blog....really amazin........

    but d funny part iz "with his little fingers"....:P

    ReplyDelete
  5. really cool...didnt think any1 could express feelings li this in words....but i knw it must hav been much much more touchin than how u hav written....cheerzzz to love....

    ReplyDelete
  6. :-) cant say anythin much.. sometyms silence is golden

    ReplyDelete
  7. neat way to express... very touching...keep it going..

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow,,i was delaying reading the blog,,but very well written , i second jit's opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Touching !!!!! Did Subani cum back????? i hope Subani n Sumit never get departed from each other for a second tym.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. really touching....keep it up n keep writing...:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow !! amazing..u really miss those days, dnt u?? n i think dis is d best gift Subani n Sumit cud evr have hoped for..a frnd lyk u..cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i second your opinion Ashraf..Chadda, u r the best gift we could have ever hoped for :):)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. read it second time n it still had d same effect

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is too good.... Everytime one reads it can feel the emotions behind it... Sumit n subani .. Wud wish to see u guys tgthr frever

    ReplyDelete