Monday, September 13, 2010

The afterlife ...


I walked towards the light ,
days and nights all together ,
tired I sat , thought for a moment and realized ,
it was not my time yet , turned around and walked back ,
only to return , sometime later…
  

                                             AFTERLIFE …
Standing in the queue , naked to the skin , I stared at the silver gates , half open , the angel greeted every soul as it came in , gave a white silk robe , and led them through the fog.
It was my turn , I was greeted by a beautiful angel , there was a soothing calmness about her , a warmth that made me feel relaxed , as if I was sitting in my mother’s lap as she swung herself back and forth , singing lullaby , helping me sleep.
She gave me a silk robe , helped me to put it on , held my hand , and led me  through the fog .
She led me to a big  room , room with high ceilings , big white walls , one of the walls had a big French window overlooking a lush green  grass field , the window was covered by white satin curtains.
There were a few other souls , sitting on the white leather couch ,  wearing the same white silk robes , I could read their eyes , though they looked at peace from the outside ,
the questions were fairly visible on their face , all of  us were equally puzzled , it’s was the same state of confusion  , when we go to a complete strange restaurant , puzzled , we look for a table , and act strange , making us look novice.
The angel showed me a spot , kissed the back of my palm and left , it was next to a small plant , though without flowers , it still had a strong and strange attraction about it , for its green leaves had small red patterns on it  .
While I waited for the next happening  , I realized none of the souls were talking to each other , none of them smiled , still there was no uneasiness in the room , it still had a warmth about itself , a relaxing and soothing air inside it. 
Sometime later , not sure how long  , came a man , he had deep blue eyes , eyes that radiated power , yet soothing  like that of a small child , his fingers were long and slender ,and danced like Belle dancers , his skin was clear like milk , shiny and silky hair curled in the ends reached till  his shoulders , a beard that covered his face with grace , in the most soothing and beautiful way possible , full pink lips , and a chiseled nose .
He wore the same white silk robe , only his was more shinier , more clear , and more elegant , I felt under dressed  , my robe seemed filthy .
Even though he was bare feet  , like we were , his feet  , looked most elegant ., with shapely toes and shiny finger nails.
He  had with him ,  a bag hanging from his shoulder , the same kind , poets and artists carry , only , his was skied blue .. 
 He took out books from  the bag , and one by one , and distributed them to all the souls , I was the last one in the queue , by the time it was my turn , there wasn’t a book left .
So he smiled , took my hand in his and said , you don’t have to wait for long , but the others have to , you will be the first one to leave with your mate , wait for her , while others read their books.
And so I waited , I realized it was going to be a long wait , coz this place was not bound by time , here you feel every moment , and every moment piles up on another  , it seemed unending.

I realized it was ‘hell’ , so different from what we picture , coz GOD is kind and merciful , he doesn’t make his children suffer , but he makes them wait.

I realized what others read , was their own story , story of their own deeds , both good and bad , when they were alive , they had to relive all the moments ,this was their ‘hell’ , they had to realize that had done wrong , now , they had an unbiased view of what they did  , so a few smiled , while others repented .
And every moment the expression changed , sometimes pride , sometimes remorse , sometimes shame , while I  sat and observed , I realized , they together , were my books ,
And through them , I was reliving my past again.

As I stared at them , capturing every moment of my life , in came , the angel , holding hands , of my mate , even the angel had lost her charm in front my fairy , she smiled , it was the same smile I fell in love with ……. my hell was over .

It had been long , we had lots to talk , we held hands and walked out of the room , into the mystic white fog , while others still completed their books..


3 comments: