Saturday, September 25, 2010

the beautiful death ....

No one has ever described the beauty of death ,
Coz its beautiful , and  no one will share it .
It is so beautiful , that if you experience it
and still live after that , you wouldn’t be ‘alive’  .

The Beautiful death ….

Standing on the edge of the cliff I gazed at the enormousness of the sea , the blue water  extended to infinity , the clouds made some strange and some familiar  patterns , a few of them looked like sheeps , grazing on the skied blue grass .The clean sand of  beach glittered like gold and the tall coconut palms growing by the sides , majestically swaying with the winds , still waiving hands to the ship that had passed centuries back  .

The sun was hiding behind a cloud , like a kid would ,  behind its mother , when a stranger comes to visit  . It would peep once and then hide again still unsure of the stranger .
He felt safe behind the clouds , I felt , today , it was me who scared him , for him , I was the stranger visiting his heavenly abode ..

The frequency of the waves on the rocks pictured their  love for each other , the waves and rocks had their own fights , like a couple fighting in love , wherein an old man stands stubbornly with folded hands bearing the wrath of his old lady , bearing all the words she throws on him , he stands , and looks more determined with every clash , with time he has learned , she will calm down and come  smiling to him again .

The open sea looked calm inside , seemed like it was the part , that had seen life , its experience stopped  from rushing into things , it had developed the ability to wait , it had patience , but the shore was different , it was still a kid , it wanted to run to every thing it would see , like a small child who would run into strange things hoping cotton candies ,  pick up anything out of its curiosity , and try to taste it , and the calm inside of the sea watched  the shore and its puny games , smiling yet careful , like a father would , to his child .

The grass and weed i stood on , made me feel so comfortable , that I had closed my eyes , I had lost the reason why I had climbed all the way to the top , the breeze that was flowing on the top of the cliff carried the aroma of the sea and of the forest that stood behind me .
It was a sight , it was the best thing i could have ever witnessed , everything else would seem drab after this sight , I realized HE wanted me to see something beautiful before I bid adieu to myself.

I opened my eyes , I had absorbed all the beauty inside me , all that HE wanted to offer me .
There was a part of me that was constantly asking me to return back , but I didn’t want   to , I wanted to end it..and this was the perfect way to end my not so perfect life .

The picture had changed drastically now ,

I realized the sun wasn’t hiding coz it was scared of me ……. it was scared of what it was about  to witness , it was hiding behind the cloud coz it didn’t want to see  , what was about to happen.

The waves on the shores were not curious . They were restless for me , they wanted me to rethink  , they were restless coz they wanted to tell something .

The sea inside wasn’t  calm ,it was sad , coz it knew it would not be able to tell what it wanted to , it had seen others do the same before , it was sad it couldn’t close its eyes .

The rocks stood there coz they wanted to protect me ,  they wanted to catch me , when I fall and the waves that hit  , only wanted to make the rocks softer with every blow , they were all trying their best to keep me alive , they knew everything gets better with time , they wanted to tell me that …….

I closed my eyes again , opened up my arms  like a bird ready to fly  , lift myself off the cliff , and let myself fall into the depths .

I was in the air , I could fell every moment , I was flying like a bird , gliding like a leaf that parts off a tree , I was smiling , the birds had joined me , smiling at me , they followed my flight , they had forgotten their first flight , but I had helped them relive it again .

the sun had come out of the clouds , the rocks were looking up , the waves had slowed down , the water in the sea glittered with a smile .

Its was pretty much the same excitement when i had learned to ride a bicycle, first time without any support , that smallest of distance had become an achievement , i had fallen after some tireless peddling , but i remember getting up with a smiling face , full of joy inside , as if  i  wasn't  riding a cycle , but , gliding in the free air .

The air below me was trying to push me up , it wanted me to fly , I realized nature is so kind hearted , so beautiful and so caring that it is not bound by any law , it just does what it wants
.
The air was trying to raise me , for a moment , I felt I was raised , but that moment was short lived , only the air pushing me could ‘ve felt it .


My heart had started pounding faster and faster , pretty much , in the same way when we have nightmares , only here , I was not going to get up , i was nearing the rocks , the moment was about to end .

I wanted a happy ending , I wanted a beautiful death , I wanted to welcome my death like no one had before , i wanted to surprise it with my love that i shared for her , i wanted to meet her with  bravery not scared and crying .
So , I closed my eyes , I kept them closed for a couple of moments …….. till they opened painlessly and without effort ………… till they opened on their own again .


5 comments:

  1. Kerela Times

    Tragic death: A 23yrs old boy committed suicide in Kovalam Beach on Friday. The reason for this suicide is still unknown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautifull expressions .............wid loads of gramatical mistake s he h e...................but lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice:)
    Felt this is d best one from u...loved the 'introduction' u gave..d paraphasing..kinda lyk a poem..n i simply luvd d personalization of the elements of nature..gave it such a human touch..could actually picture the sea and d rock's horror 2 c d 'fall'...n i luvd d abrupt change in style 'midway'..d true picture came out quite late in d story..n gave a 'scary' feel to d whole thing...

    Somehow felt this was a much more mature writeup..had a calmness and a sober feel to it..keep writing :)we r reading :)

    ReplyDelete