Sunday, December 2, 2012

Being friends with star.

Be silly in life.

Smile and laugh all you can,
play with mud, soil your clothes,
kick the empty can
and see it roll down the lane,
All that is past might never come back again.


One lazy night, I walked out to the balcony with a mug of  sweet warm chocolate and looked out to the street. The old light bulb hanging on the post was lighting up one of the biggest social gatherings of  the bug world. The tacky bug dresses, and the chaos gave away the idea of a wedding.
Our stray pet was lying lazily on the road, with its head buried under its forelimbs. Not, a worry in life.

"Jackie", I called its name. Full of life it got up wagging its tail, shaking its head and softly tapping its feet on the ground in quick successions, asking me to come and play. Poor lonely soul, I thought.
I smiled and hurled a biscuit in its direction, it leapt where the biscuit scattered into a million pieces, head bend down and tail still wagging of the affection and joy of recognition, it collected the broken pieces.

I looked up in the sky, and was reminded of my favorite star. I could still locate it. Small, yet distinct, clustered among many big and smaller ones, it was recognizable, it was different, 'coz every time it would twinkle it would bring about a smile on me.

There was a time we two used to be great friends, she would stand outside my balcony hanging in the jaded sky, waiting for me, and I would wait for the whole day for the sun to come down, hoping to see her again, and to talk to her and tell her all that happened in the day, especially the funny incidents, 'coz i loved it when she laughed and twinkled in the night.

I remember drawing the curtains, and coming out in the balcony, and the first twinkle of the night that reflected of her, was enough to kill any strange feeling that could have crept over the day.
Her welcoming twinkling smile was so addictive, that it used to pause the flow of time and I would find myself moving in stagnancy.
A woman can make you feel special, and she can make you feel ordinary. Either ways the power rests with her. 

I would share the happenings of the day, and she would share hers, I would smile and laugh, and she would twinkle, blush and shy away.
Clustered among other stars she looked like a fairy, dressed in white shining gown and the warm bright aura that spread around her. I loved talking to her, and so would often find ways to be with her, strange, funny, childish ways. I grew found of her, and I did not even realize.
She grew into someone unnaturally close and loved.
And I never cared when people called me names, and told me that I was crazy.
Well, I couldn't blame them, they had no idea of how beautiful it was, how warm and beautiful shades of yellow were. They had not known how heavenly it had grown.
One night, I came out in the balcony, excited and happy to tell her how much I missed her during the day, but to my disappointment, found a cloud hanging in between, covering her. I waited for the whole night, hoping some wind would carry this cloud off, and take it where it came from.
But it so happened that wind didn't blow and the cloud stayed there for a few more nights to come.

Disappointed I waited, and the stories accumulated, and I missed the twinkle, I missed the smile.

One night, the wind finally blew, and I rushed out to the balcony, to wave my angel fairy, to wave my star.
She saw me, and twinkled again, the brightest one I had seen. Happy and joyed, a tear slipped my eye and
I waved back smiling and crying in joy, the stories that had accumulated inside pushed the tears out and filled  my throat, so i couldn't say a word, just stood there waving and crying happily.
She looked around her, to show her friends, what she had. But, to her surprise, she found them twinkling too, she had never cared to observe that till that night, and holding her esteem she couldn't ask whom the rest twinkled at.

Her happiness and joy evaporated in a moments notice, she felt ordinary of her own thought. The twinkle disappeared and so did the smile, she seemed lost in the sky.
This made me restless, yet I couldn't ask, she was miles away, I could travel, but she was still very far.

Next night, and for nights to come, I would come out in the balcony to find her, but the twinkle was reduced to greetings and the distance had increased infinitely. Both her and me, were sad, it killed us in certain ways, coz I had only one favorite star and for her I was priceless.

But its life, its strangely short and way too long, we learn to let go, we kill some part of our's everyday, and learn to live without it, its never easy, yet we learn that with time.
So we both lost something, I always felt I had lost something more significant.

Life is strange, it doesn't let you live in peace.

There are constant tides in this ocean, small ones and big ones, while the big ones are easier to handle, coz they settle down, the small ones create the ripple effect, which shake your very existence and like ripples they take time to settle down.
I walked back into my room, the chocolate had lost its warmth, wouldn't have found it sweet either, the ripples had still to settle, it hurts a 'lil lesser now, or may be I was getting used to it, yet it still hurt.
                                                                                                                                                                  (BROWNIE.

5 comments:

  1. Lovely piece... relly enjoyed reading every bit... kip it up!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. harnessing the art of ur personalities..!! go on..!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I wish one day you stretch your arms to pluck her from the sky and bring her in your balcony. I will be by your side to watch the cloud. :P.

    ReplyDelete