Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My best friend .

She is a free bird , a free spirit ,
to fall in love with her , you have to set her free,
so that she may show you her flight , which is boundless and beautiful.

My best friend .

All of us are born weeping , and it’s the only occasion when a mother would smile as  her child would cry . I too was born weeping , complaining and hungry , and finding a companion or a friend must have been the least of my worries , not because I didn’t want one , but because before being send to this strange land I was assured by all the heavenly angels that she would be send too . And a few of months later , she was born , weeping ,  complaining and hungry .

I have seen her cry on a couple of occasions . One such occasion happened because of a prank played  by me , while the others were emotional outburst of her care and love for others.
And if I trace back , the funny expressions she makes while crying , the day she was born , it must have been a celebration of liveliness and joviality . And all angels must have dressed up in their finest clothes and the shiniest of wings to celebrate the occasion .

I don’t remember how and when we met each other or who spoke the first word , but I do  know that there has never been a strange moment since then .
I do not know many people , I do not have too many friends , but the ones I have are the ones to whom , I have been able to talk effortlessly , and she happens to be the person to whom , I not just talk effortlessly but also without using my brains . I never have to think of something funny when I talk to her , it comes natural , primarily because I am addicted to her smile and the laugh that has bonded us together  .

Very rarely , do we come across people , who understand our silly jokes and find them as hilarious as , we our self do , and of them , the chances of finding a female in them is as low as finding a sunken treasure in the ocean , its not like its impossible , but its also not like everyone finds it !
She happens to be the one of those sunken treasure I have found , she understands every word as I speak , and even sometimes without being spoken to . She reads my silence so perfectly well . that she sometimes tells me the reason , of my silence .

I would not term myself as a lucky person in life , in general , but I do acknowledge and in fact , even take pride in telling that she is my friend and how much ever you may try being close to her , you might never be able to reach where I have been .
I must have traded all my luck and fortune in heaven , to get her , and that goes without saying , is the best decision I could ever make or have made , it takes a life time to discover someone like her , and another to share the warmth and affection we do .

I remember getting up as early as 4:00 in the morning , riding 7 kms in winters and attending tuitions , not that I was too interested in attending classes or that chemistry was my favorite subject , but because we attended the classes together and it was  my chance of meeting her as early in the day as possible , I never bunked a single class and never turned up late . And those who know me and are reading this page must have raised their eyebrows by now , because they can imagine , me being sent to moon for an expedition by NASA but would not have  ever imagined in their wildest dreams , that I could be punctual and regular to an activity related to academics .

Remembering birthdays is one thing I have not been able to master in my life till now , but I did remember buying something odd and funny on most occasions for her , odd because I always wanted people to look at it with an expression of  amusement and awe , and funny because I was hooked to the smile I remember , which came on her face when she unwrapped the  Homer Simpson shirt I gave to her on one of her birthdays .

Even the most dull and lifeless days were turned into amazingly fun-filled hours when she was around , rains had never been my favorite , till we rode together on the wet and slippery roads of c-scheme looking for an ATM , drenched head to toe .

There were times in my past , when I was down emotionally , and had been sad , I used to call and speak to her , and she knew how to draw the smile back on my face , on other occasions I would cry myself to bed or burry myself in a truck load of sorrow and wait till she called . I remember being dumped by a girl and being told that she didn’t realize what she had lost , she told me that I was way too cool for her and that , she didn’t deserve me , I know much of it was hoax , but I couldn’t help myself being cared for and being told a lie so innocently .

People find her attractive and some of them often make use of the more colloquial term ‘hot’ , but they do not realize , how cool she is , and the attraction is nothing compared to the aura of her inner self  which has not been noticed by many . she is intelligent , independent and can outsmart anyone on any given occasion .

She is a free bird , a free spirit , to fall in love with her , you have to set her free, so that she may show you her flight , which is boundless and beautiful .

Over the years when we were not together , while she was attending her college and I was battling against engineering , it used to think about her , I used to miss her .

Whenever I would meet or talk to a female , deep inside I would draw comparisons between them , and realized no one could fit into the molds she was build in . I would tell stories about her , tell them how cool she was , and how deep our friendship has been .

All the people I ‘ve spoken to as yet , I am sure that , to ninety percent of them I must have made a mention of her and , that I would have spend endless hours telling how cool she is .

As I write this page , there are thousands of  thoughts that occur in my mind and I find myself bound by limited knowledge of words and expressions .

There is a lot I wish to write , a lot I wish to tell .
She has been one of the strongest influences in my life . Sometimes a driving force, sometimes my confidence , sometimes a support and sometimes as a companion , she has always been with me .

 And that friend , fellow people is none , but ‘ Jatan Deora’ .

4 comments:

  1. first thing i loved it ......love u sweets for writting thys ..it reminds me everythng the school prnk the gifts the tutions everythng the bike ride to tutions

    hav always waited for the most different gifts from u the smiley balls , the simpsond tshtrt , the jerseys thanx , and btw u still dnt remmember the exact date of my bday

    i loved d activa ride too hunt for atm best rainy day.
    and dat wasnt a lie she really dint deserve u ...u dumbarse ...u kno wat she like and u can never b dat .

    u hav written a lot and its lovely bt its even more powerfull then what is bieng written i remmebr after an year gap i calld u up frm an unknown number and on just a hello u said jatan and i gt shocked all the strugle i did to search ur number ahh....

    thys is one gr8 friendship which has always stayed wid me and its way too precious ....love u loads

    ReplyDelete
  2. hee hee :) the comment is as big as the blog.....
    :') (kushi kee aansu hain !!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pramooood. Dude I miss u as much ...u know I read this all again today bygawd its as fresh as it was wen I read it first. :( I soooooo so miss all of it

    ReplyDelete